Saturday, February 18, 2012

Where to begin

Hello There!

It has been quite a while, and our view count has continued to grow in the absence of new posts- Thanks so much! I'm sorry that I have not provided anything in a very long time, but I am new to this whole schedule and I have seen a few curve balls since my last post. My old camera (the one that often had a mind of its own) finally stopped working all together so I ended up getting a new one.(and it is way cooler!) The new camera allows me to take short video segments, and panoramic shots as well as your typical point and shoot pictures. So look for me to get a little creative with my upcoming documentation of our events.
Panoramic shot from the top of Main Street with the NEW Camera

There have been a few different events since my last post, including our home race on Main Street, the speed camps at Sugarbush and Sugarloaf, the Slalom at Sugarbush, and the State Super G at Sugarbush. Needless to say, we are getting pretty familiar with the GMVS club over at Sugarbush! As you can probably tell from the abundance of goggle-tans in our pictures, the weather has been rather uncommon for February with average temps in the 30's and some serious sun action on a regular basis.

Some of the athletes lined up to take a training run
Today we trained a double session of GS on Main Street separated by a brief lunch break at the club. It is my understanding that the snow in the morning was rather "peely" due to the amount of moisture in the new layer of snow that surprised everyone in the morning. The afternoon however provided some very solid snow in the track as athletes worked on the new "bluebrush" drill. This drill is mainly intended to help athletes to develop their tactics(line through the race course), but by teaching the athlete to give themselves some more space as they pass the gate, this drill also helped athletes to accomplish a better body position throughout the turn.
The punishment for spraying your teammates 

Tomorrow we will be on the same schedule as today with a double session of GS training on Main Street. The focus will still be on each athletes tactics as we are preparing for the State races next weekend at Okemo for the girls, and boys at Stratton.
MMSC J3(missing a few)
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment