Sunday, November 4, 2012

2nd Day On Snow...A Tough Start

Our coaches group started the morning with a side-slip progression. No problem... right? WRONG! Halfway through my first slip I caught the outside edge of my downhill ski and down I went...hard...in front of the whole group. Embarrassing? Of course, but most importantly a learning experience. I had too much pressure on my downhill ski combined with too much outward roll of my downhill foot for the terrain we were on. My next attempt was perfect if I say so myself.. Basic drills giving direct feedback!  Good stuff...I'm still embarrassed though...


Waiting to view first men's training run. RCS (Ryan Cochran-Siegle), Andy Wiebrecht, Travis Ganong, Steve Nyman at start....



At the finish with Atomic ski tech.


Looking forward to lecture from Sasha Rearick, U.S.S.T. Alpine Men's Head Coach tonight.

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment